Takeaway: Prostate health supplements are one of the more effective ways of treating BPH – benign prostatic hyperplasia. BPH is when your prostate is enlarged much more than it should, and it’s causing serious problems with your urethra, making you unable to urinate properly. Vitamins, essential oils, the herb pygeum, and lycopene are all natural remedies you can try to improve prostate health.
The prostate is a small gland that is exclusive to male biology. It’s located between the bladder and the front of the rectum, and it plays a vital role in the male reproductive system. The prostate also surrounds the urethra, and it helps in the creation of semen fluid which carries the sperm.
Prostate health is an essential aspect of male physiology. As men age, their prostate increases in size. However, in some cases, it may grow too large and can squeeze the urethra, causing it to burn while urinating. In those cases, you might have to consider using supplements for enlarged prostate.
What is Prostate Health?
Although the prostate is small, around the size of a golf ball or walnut, it’s located in a critical spot. Based on its location, it is highly likely that any issues with the prostate will cause serious problems. The prostate may enlarge which can cause issues such as prostatitis, benign prostatic hyperplasia, and even prostate cancer.
If you feel some atypical symptoms than enlarged prostate medication should be a consideration. Some symptoms may include burning and pain while urinating, difficulty during ejaculation, and an urgent needs to urinate. In cases like these, a pill for enlarged prostates such as one from MIT Nutra is a great option and one of the best supplements on the market for prostate health.
While it is also important to consult with a doctor about any issues you might be facing, there are many treatments for enlarged prostate that you can try. In many cases, prostate supplements are more than enough to keep prostate enlargement in check.
Supplements for Prostate Health
Prostate health supplements are one of the more effective ways of treating BPH – benign prostatic hyperplasia. BPH is when your prostate is enlarged much more than it should, and it’s causing serious problems with your urethra, making you unable to urinate properly. Even though there are prescribed medications for an enlarged prostate, these often have severe side effects like dizziness, fatigue, fainting, and retrograde ejaculation.
- Beta-sitosterol – This substance does not directly affect the size of the prostate, but it does help with urine flow. It also assists with emptying the bladder as that is a common issue with BPH.
- Pygeum – This substance directly helps with the urine stream in making it more consistent. It also helps those who often wake up at night continuously to urinate. It also assists in reducing the number of times men have to urinate during the day.
- Rye Pollen Extract – This extract helps with a broader spectrum of symptoms rather than focusing on just one or two. It helps with painful urination, a weak urination stream, an urgent need to pee, and it even helps reduce the frequency of urination. It also affects the size of the prostate.
- Saw Palmetto – A promising natural treatment for enlarged prostate, saw palmetto is a tree that grows mostly in North America. It helps with difficulty in beginning to urinate, a weak stream, urgency, and having to urinate several times per day.
Will Supplements Help an Enlarged Prostate?
The short answer on whether or not prostate supplements work would be yes. A prostate health supplement will help with an enlarged prostate. However, it is worthwhile to note that merely using prostate supplements does not guarantee a reduction in the risk of BPH or other similar issues.
In addition to using prostate health supplements, men should also be vigilant about their general health as well. Good prostate health requires a healthy diet, low alcohol consumption, moderate physical activity, low blood sugar and cholesterol, and maintaining a positive lifestyle.
Prostate health pills are a step in the right direction, but they are very rarely the end-all solution. They are very effective at what they do, but men must also recognize that their overall health and lifestyle play a significant role.
What Causes an Enlarged Prostate?
First things first, just because a prostate is enlarged doesn’t mean that it might cause any serious issues. The prostate itself grows naturally over time, and while there isn’t a medical consensus yet on why that is, men should know what causes an enlarged prostate. There are indications that dihydrotestosterone and estrogen might play a role, which indicates there are definite natural cures for an enlarged prostate.
So far, it’s been pretty conclusive that dihydrotestosterone or DHT levels play a role in an enlarged prostate. Those with high levels of DHT have a higher risk, and those with lower levels have a lower risk. As men get older, higher levels of estrogen also play a role as most men often have a lower level of testosterone in general as they age.
The primary concern with an enlarged prostate is its location and not its size. It has a delicate location in the body, which is why all men over the age of 40 should consult with a physician for prostate examinations.
Natural Remedies for Enlarged Prostate
There are many natural remedies for an enlarged prostate that have been used for centuries. An enlarged prostate is not a new phenomenon which is why there are a great many herbs used to treat an enlarged prostate which show promising signs. Many of these have been used in home remedies for enlarged prostates in different parts of the world.
- Babassu – This type of palm tree grows in Brazil. Indigenous tribes have used their kernels to treat enlarged prostate symptoms for centuries.
- Stinging Nettle – This herb for enlarged prostates is used often. It has unique anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties that help with reducing the size of the prostate. It’s commonly used together with saw palmetto.
- Pumpkin Seed – These seeds are said to contain beta-sitosterol, which is an essential ingredient in supplements. Taking 10g of this extract can assist in alleviating BPH symptoms.
- Lycopene – This pigment is found in many fruits and vegetables. Studies have found that it reduces the progression of BPH. It’s commonly found in tomatoes, papaya, pink grapefruit, watermelon, guava, carrots, and more. It is the ideal natural treatment for an enlarged prostate.
- Essential Oils – The essential oils’ anti-inflammatory and soothing effects have a positive impact on the prostate. One of the best essential oils for enlarged prostate is Gentlemen Care, which helps lower bladder infections and soothes BPH symptoms.
- Vitamins – Vitamins C, D, and E are the most important vitamins for prostate health. They have antioxidant properties and help the cells regrow. They should be taken from natural sources first, and then supplements second.
Can Supplements Reduce the Chance for Prostate Cancer?
Unfortunately, there is no sure way yet to know what exactly causes prostate cancer. However, natural supplements for prostate cancer have shown a positive effect in both reducing its progression and lowering the risk.
By treating prostate enlargement, you can significantly reduce the risk although it should be stated that there is always a risk. Vitamins play an essential role in reducing the risk, as well as selenium, curcumin, and even melatonin. Melatonin is a hormone that’s widely associated with sleep, but some studies suggest it may have positive effects on countering prostate cancer.
Prostate Cancer Supplements
Although there is no definitive way to combat prostate cancer, there are many promising supplements such as herbs for prostate health and even green tea.
Green tea has been known to have high amounts of antioxidants which both, directly and indirectly, reduce the risk of prostate cancer. It reduces inflammation in the prostate area and allows cells to grow while also strengthening the heart, which is an indirect way to reduce prostate cancer risk and promote a healthy lifestyle.
Selenium is another substance that greatly aids in combating cancer in general. It’s a trace mineral that is found in foods like meat, vegetables, and nuts. Selenium supplements are also available and are extremely effective. Selenium supplements are said to reduce the risk of not only prostate cancer but other cancers as well.
A much-underrated supplement is an extract of pomegranate. It has incredibly strong anti-inflammatory, antioxidant, and anti-cancer properties. Pomegranate supplements are very effective in reducing cancer growth. They strengthen the cells and increase cell longevity. Eating pomegranates is a healthy alternative, although the supplements are much more effective at dealing with cancer risk,
What is the Best Prostate Cancer Supplement?
Checking for the best prostate cancer supplement should be mandatory for every man over the age of 40. Fortunately, the best supplements for prostate health are readily available. These are the top 5 prostate supplements. (These are unbiased prostate supplement reviews so that you can safely make an informed decision.)
- Advanced Health Prostate Health – This is a budget prostate herbal supplement, but it’s incredibly effective. It reduces bathroom frequency and helps with sexual health.
- Doctor’s Best Comprehensive Prostate Formula – The prostate needs nourishment, and this supplement is excellent at it. It includes plenty of vitamins and nutrients and is designed for maximum prostate health.
- Les Labs Prostate Health – With a mixture of herbs, this is a supplement that very efficiently reduces prostate discomfort. It’s an all-natural formula that’s excellent for those who are wary of mixing supplements with medication.
- Life Extension Ultra Prostate Formula – The goal of this supplement is to keep the estrogen levels low while nourishing the prostate with proper nutrition. It’s very efficient at reducing bathroom frequency and prostate discomfort.
- Gaia Prostate Health Vitamin – From antioxidants to nutrients, this supplement has it all. It’s perfect for improving the male’s metabolism while significantly reducing the risk of any prostate issue.
Checking for the best prostate supplement is important. Even by treating an enlarged prostate, you significantly reduce the risk of developing prostate cancer.
Herbs for Prostate Health
One of the most important herbs for soothing the prostate is pygeum. It’s an herbal extract from the African cherry tree and is taken from the tree’s bark. It’s an herb for enlarged prostate that’s been used by indigenous tribes for centuries.
It helps with frequent nightly visits to the bathroom, incontinence, pain, and inflammation. Although it’s not as powerful as regular medication, it’s still very effective on its own. This extract is often used together with other natural remedies such as pollen extracts for prostate health.
Pollen extracts are one of the more mysterious remedies for prostate health because experts are still not sure how they fully work. It helps promote a more efficient use of the bladder and with fully emptying the bladder. Pollen extract supplements are readily available and extremely effective.
Vitamins for Prostate Health
Vitamins are an important part of maintaining prostate health. They’re a very healthy alternative to prescription drugs and are much less toxic to the body. There are also no adverse side effects to taking vitamins, except when taking them in large doses.
Vitamin C plays a vital role because it’s a powerful antioxidant. This vitamin helps the cells maintain their health and significantly reduces the risk of the cells turning cancerous.
Vitamin D is very effective at killing off cells that might turn cancerous. Additionally, it is a natural cure for enlarged prostate.
Vitamin E has general anti-cancer properties. It’s also a powerful antioxidant and is effective at battling prostate cancer in particular.
Saw Palmetto for Prostate Health
This natural remedy is one of the most promising herbs for prostate health at the moment. It’s been shown that it’s very effective at reducing prostate size and at alleviating many BPH symptoms. One of its main components is beta-sitosterol, which is a natural remedy for enlarged prostate.
Saw palmetto prostate health supplements are powerful in treating the prostate. They’re great at reducing the risk of cancer and are just useful supplements to take.
Taking care of the prostate is a must for men especially after the age of 40. It requires constant attention, as it’s a vital part of any man’s biology. Always check the reviews for prostate supplements before committing to a regimen as you want to avoid any possible side effects.